overpipe protection plates
Made from recyclable HDPE (eco-friendly alternative to concrete)
Economic, efficient, safe and innovative
Lightweight - quick to install and easy to transport
Can be removed for pipeline inspection or repair
The OVERPIPE HDPE mechanical protection plate was developed with GDF Suez (now ENGIE) R & D to provide an innovative alternative to concrete slabs.
Overpipe plates have been tested rigorously to meet the requirements of mechanical protection under AS2885. Overpipe is 15 mm thick and up to 2000 mm long, coming in widths from 570mm up to 2000 mm. Overpipe is designed to protect large diameter buried pipelines (high pressure gas, hydrocarbons, potable water etc.), high voltage cables, critical water pipelines and communication cables.
50 Year Warranty
Made from recyclable and strong HDPE
No splitting or cracking under penetrative attack
Made from injection moulded virgin HDPE, Overpipe plates perform consistently without splitting or cracking under penetrative attack. Most importantly, backed by a 50-year warranty, Overpipe provides long-term mechanical protection for any vulnerable buried assets. When the possibility of 3rd party interference is an unacceptable risk to public safety and/or interruption of service, Overpipe is the solution.
Fast and Efficient Installation
No specialist machinery, equipment or labour required
Can be re-used
Overpipe is quick to install and no specialist lifting machinery is required, reducing installation costs. Overpipe plates can also be reused after a pipeline has been uncovered for maintenance. The perforated plastic plates do not interfere with cathodic protection testing.
|UNITS PER PALLET
|Overpipe OV5 570 Gas
|570 x 1500 x 15
|Overpipe OV6 820 Gas
|820 x 1500 x 15
|Overpipe OV1 1250 Gas 2m
|1250 x 2000 x 15
|Overpipe OV3 1500 Gas 2m
|1500 x 2000 x 15
|Clip & plug connector APA approved connector system
|1 x yellow, 1 x black
|Spliced Rope Connector
|4 per plate
- Made from an injection moulded virgin HDPE polymer for consistency and strength.
- Holes across the surface of the plate allow the flow of water and no disruption of cathodic protection measurement. The holes are made by moulding and not by later drilling, which would weaken the plates.
- The moulded non-slip surface on both sides aids handling and avoids slip and fall accidents.
- Injection moulding provides full-density UV-resistant colouring and clear marking, enabling immediate identification of an underground pipeline. Overpipe can be produced in different colours, depending on the nature of the utility.
- Customisable warning message, moulded in relief into the surface.
- Light weight (15 to 40 kilograms depending on the model), Overpipe is easy to install and remove to allow inspection or repair of the pipeline.
- The plates can be butted end-to-end or for total protection, overlapped using a unique clip system.